Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinstanfield
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Comparing totals on different dates

Hi,

Hope you can help - I have a data set that is used(amongst other things) to calculate the size of a telephony customer base as at a date in time with the output being:

sum(total number of customers connected)-sum(total number of customers disconnected).

Each day the data refreshes to add in the number of customers connected on that date and the number of customers disconnected on that date i.e. so a new figure is calculated each day.

What I'm trying to achieve is how to compare the 2 most recent dates to indicate whether the customer base has increased/decreased since the data last refreshed.

Any views on how to achieve this?

Thanks in anticipation.

Kevin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps like this:

=sum({<MyDate={$(=Max(MyDate))}>}total number of customers connected)-sum({<MyDate={$(=Max(MyDate))}>}total number of customers disconnected) - sum({<MyDate={$(=Max(MyDate)-1)}>}total number of customers connected) + sum({<MyDate={$(=Max(MyDate)-1)}>}total number of customers disconnected)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps like this:

=sum({<MyDate={$(=Max(MyDate))}>}total number of customers connected)-sum({<MyDate={$(=Max(MyDate))}>}total number of customers disconnected) - sum({<MyDate={$(=Max(MyDate)-1)}>}total number of customers connected) + sum({<MyDate={$(=Max(MyDate)-1)}>}total number of customers disconnected)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
kevinstanfield
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks, I'll give it a go and get back to you.