Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Dimensions/Expressions

Hi Dear QV Community

Based on this article http://community.qlik.com/message/172659#172659 , has found that in a graph where you have a number and expression and X number of dimensions with conditionals for display according to a selection, and expressions are always calculated.

Let me know any method or technique to make only selected expressions are calculated. Can anyone suggest something?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Oh I think I see what you mean. You can set it up so that the report does not calculate unless certain selections are made to narrow the data. Take a look at the attached example.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Here is an example.

Not applicable
Author

Hi rebeccad

Thanks for ur help, I have a table with this solution(Expressions and dimentions with conditional) about twelve expresssions and twenty dimentions, the model size is 800MB (60 Milliion rows).

My problem is performance with this table becose always calculate all expressions. The asociative model is formed for one big fact table and four dimention table, the keys are numeric and has 100% relation.

Not applicable
Author

Oh I think I see what you mean. You can set it up so that the report does not calculate unless certain selections are made to narrow the data. Take a look at the attached example.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for ur help the last option work fine !!

Not applicable
Author

Hello Rebecca,

could you please give me any advice about my problem? Maybe you already met this.

I have dimensions in listbox which are similar. That mean that some of them contains same words.

Customer

Customer Phone

Customer Country

When "Customer phone" is selected, in table "Customer" will appear as well. Is there any chance to use theese similar names in list box with dimensions? Now is this conditional expression in use:

=SubStringCount(Concat(Fields, '|'), 'Customer')

Thank you!

Not applicable
Author

Hi mirek.zebrak,

You can add an additional field to use as the Lookup.  See attached.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rebecca,

thank you for your reply. Your solution is one of possible solutions. I figured this solution:

Instead this:

=SubStringCount(Concat(Fields, '|'), 'Customer')

This:

=SubStringCount(Concat(Fields, '|')&'|', 'Customer|')

Have a nice day!