Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Show based on Chart Selection

I'm not very familiar with conditional show/hides, but I'm wondering if 'Chart Selection' can be a trigger event. I'm trying to only show a list box once the user has selected a specific sheet object. If it is possible could someone please help me with the syntax to put in the List Box's Conditional Show field on the Layout tab?

I'm using QV10 SR4.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In Qlikview vocabulary, word "select" referes to the values of a field.  E.g. you can select value 'Canada' in the field "Country".  You cannot "select" a sheet object.
But you can "activate" a sheet object.  And, there is a trigger "OnActivate" for Sheet Objects - see sheet properties, tab Triggers.  That means you can do the next:
First, create a variable, let's call it "ShowListbox". Next, in the list box properties, tab Layout, select Show radio-button "conditional", and the condition will be ShowListbox=1.
Last step, go to the sheet properties, tab Triggers, find object id of the chart you will be activating, and click button AddAction under OnActivate label.  click Add, External, choose action Aet Variable, click OK.  In Variable field type ShowListbox, and in value field type 1.
That's it.
Another question - waht is the trigger for hiding list box.  I hope you'll figure out 🙂

Regards,
Michael

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In Qlikview vocabulary, word "select" referes to the values of a field.  E.g. you can select value 'Canada' in the field "Country".  You cannot "select" a sheet object.
But you can "activate" a sheet object.  And, there is a trigger "OnActivate" for Sheet Objects - see sheet properties, tab Triggers.  That means you can do the next:
First, create a variable, let's call it "ShowListbox". Next, in the list box properties, tab Layout, select Show radio-button "conditional", and the condition will be ShowListbox=1.
Last step, go to the sheet properties, tab Triggers, find object id of the chart you will be activating, and click button AddAction under OnActivate label.  click Add, External, choose action Aet Variable, click OK.  In Variable field type ShowListbox, and in value field type 1.
That's it.
Another question - waht is the trigger for hiding list box.  I hope you'll figure out 🙂

Regards,
Michael

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Note that the OnActivate object trigger goes away in qv11.

Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

as the OnActivate object trigger has been removed from QV11, how would one trigger events based on if a chart is active? I would need to show conditionally a listbox if chart is active/open?

Tuomas

Not applicable
Author

hi why has this trigger been removed becuase i would need it right now?? why things are being removed in qv11 I don't understand specially something like this

regards,

MT

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think it was removed because "Activate" as a trigger was confusing. What we really wanted was "OnClick", which is a trigger that doesn't exist (yet).

An object is Activated when it's clicked. But it's also Activated when it's lassoed. What should happen if three objects are lassoed and the associated Actions conclict with one another?

That's just my take on it. I'm ok with it going away. I hope we get an OnClick trigger to replace it.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Wow - that is a really bad feature to take away.     Leave it up to the designer.   To me it is bad design if you design something with triggers that can be lassoed.    I need this feature badly!