Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional hide rows in dimension

Hi all!

I'm newbie in QlikView and this is my first post.

The users requirement is as follows. We have two dimensions (concept 1 and concept2) in a pivot table chart. They want to hide the rows when the second dimension has only one occurrence, and keep the total in the first dimension:

2014-06-05_1534.png

Does anyone know any way to get it?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Xavi F.

8 Replies
annafuksa1
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, you need to use calculated dimension

please attach file with data.

Not applicable
Author

What is actual result and expected result, are they concept1 and concept2? Can you provide some more explanation for your problem?

Not applicable
Author

Is concept1 a count and concept2 a category?

Not applicable
Author

ACTUAL RESULT is the result that I have at the moment.

Concept 1 and Concept 2 are two dimensions. Concept 1 is the first dimension (bold font style) and Concept 2 the second one (normal font):

2014-06-05_1742.png

SPECTED RESULT is that I want to get. I want to hide Concept 2 when it has only one row, i.e: Concept 1 'Machines and Accesories' has only one ocurrence in Concept 2, then I don't want it apears in the table. Concept 1 'ITIS' has two ocurrences in Concept 2 ('Hardware' and 'Maintenance'), then they sould be present in the table:

2014-06-05_1740.png

Not applicable
Author

fieldvaluecount might be what you need.

So in your conditional expression for Concept1:

if(FieldValueCount(Concept2) > 1, 1, 0)

Not applicable
Author

Here is the syntax for fieldvaluecount:

fieldvaluecount(fieldname)

Returns the number of distinct values in a field. Fieldname must be given as a string (e.g. a quoted literal).

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jacob,

Thaks for your answer.

I've been testing with FieldValueCount as you proposed and other functions (Count, Count Distinct, RowNo,...) and I did not get the expected result.

Can you explain it in more detail, please?

I attached the qvw file

Thanks!

Xavi F.

Not applicable
Author

Hi all!

I have continued to test but I have not found the solution.

I created an expression that counts how many rows appear in DIM2 for each value of DIM1, but I can not use the same formula in the dimension definition (see attached qvw file).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Xavi F.