Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditionally hide and show the sheets

Hi,

I have 10 sheets in my application, i want to conditionally hide and show 4 sheets in this application.I want to create a buttons in these 4 sheets i will click on one button it will display that sheet and remaining 3 sheets should be hide.

it is possible in qlikview, Can anyone know the solution for this...

thanks in advance,

regards,

baru

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Baru..

The hiding and conditional showing of sheets can also be done by using variables, I am attaching sample app you

verify it..

hope it helps you

regards

ramesh

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

On the General tab of the properties screen of the sheet you can select Conditional under Show Sheet. There you can enter an expression that returns true or false to show or hide the sheet. You can use a variable for this for example. Create a variable vShowSheet1 and set its value to 1. Then use $(vShowSheet1) as conditional display expression for the sheet. Next create a button and add an Set Variable action to it. Use vShowSheet1 as variable and =not vShowSheet1 as value. If you click the button then the sheet will hide. If you click the button again the sheet will show again. You can add more variables and more actions to show/hide the other sheets.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Baru..

The hiding and conditional showing of sheets can also be done by using variables, I am attaching sample app you

verify it..

hope it helps you

regards

ramesh

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

using macro code it should be done.....

Not applicable
Author

Hi ramesh,

Thanks for reply...now it working fine.

Not applicable
Author

One thing that I ran into was that I couldn't hide my sheets, even though I had all the settings and variables set up correctly. I had "Show All Sheets and Objects" selected in the Document properties.

Be sure to turn this off.

Settings | Document Properties | Security | Show All Sheets and Objects

brooksc57
Creator
Creator

you have a password on your example.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Create variables and place it in layout--->show----> conditional

as per your requirement

Not applicable
Author

Hi Baru,

Did you figure out how to open this sheet?

Please let me know

There's a password protection on it.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hey Ramesh,

There's a password protection on this qvw. Do you mind sharing?

Or remove and share the qvw again.

Thanks