Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Container objects/cloning

Hi, 

I have a container object with three charts.  I need to copy them to a new sheet and in to a new container object.  Once copied, I need to change the charts’ expression to display the data needed in the new sheet.  I’ve tried cloning but this is not working.  I’ve right clicked, clicked clone and then I don’t know what to do. Going to the new sheet and right clicking, paste sheet object is not available. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I’m using QV 10.

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

So you just want to create a duplicate of the same container and modify the expressions?  You should be able to click on one of the tabs in the container or the container's caption and copy and paste.

Not applicable
Author

This does not seem to work.  I can right click, click Copy to Clipboard, Object but when I try to paste the option is not available.

Not applicable
Author

And you're clicking on the tabs for the charts in the container and not on the charts themselves?  I only ask because when I try to copy and then paste when I right click on the charts themselves the paste option is not available, however if I click on the container tabs and do the same I am able to copy and paste the entire container.

Not applicable
Author

That doesn't work.  I can copy and paste the container object but not an individual chart.  I need to get at the individual chart so I can modify the expression.  I confirmed that the ‘Allow Copy/Clone’ option is checked in the Layout tab.

Not applicable
Author

You could drag the chart outside of the container, copy and paste it as needed and then drag the original back into the container? Obviously not the best solution but that just worked for me.

Not applicable
Author

That's not working for me.  Its not allowing me to drag the chart outside of the container box.  Any idea on how to use Clone?  Everything I read indicated that should work.

Not applicable
Author

When I right click on a chart inside my container and choose Clone is basically makes a copy of that chart without having to paste.  I am not sure at this point why that is not working for you.  Are you able to post your QVW?

Not applicable
Author

I just noticed that there is a cloned copy of my chart on the sheet I'm working on.  It was hard to see becasue it was in the top left corner and minimized.  I'm still not able to paste the cloned copy to a new sheet though.

Not applicable
Author

I was able to create a new container object on my new sheet and then being in the cloned chart with a new ID in to the container.  I think I'm good - thanks for your help.