Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a date picker & graph

How do I create a date picker showing YYYY-MM?  I want a list from current month back to the earliest month in either of two fields ("insert_time" and "close_time").  I want to link the graph to show number of incidents opened within a month and number of incidents closed within a month.  I want to be able to create a graph with two bars per month (count of open & count of closed) for any period I choose with the date picker.

5 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

have you tried extensions?

have seen below one used for some scenarios like yours

Qlik Branch

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Dilip but I'm working in Qlikview not Qliksense, I also I don't need to flip between the date fields I need to show the count of both per YYYY-MM in a graph and use the date picker to choose the months displayed.  If I was to choose 201-08 I want to see all incidents opened in that month and all incidents closed in that month in two bars next to each other on a graph. The problem I'm having is it is not bringing back everything, for example, omitting incidents that are still open and not closed. 

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Ah ok. You are on qlik sense forums hence the confusion.

it is actually a little bit more out of the box in qlikview.

Basically create slider/calendar objects attached to from and to variables utilize these depending on scenario 1)with triggers to make the master calendar selections 2) or use in set analysis

below video is quite good

Selecting Arbitrary Date Ranges - YouTube

Did not understand the second part of your question clearly. if you can elaborate with example of the set analysis used it would be good

CarmenReilly
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey Kieran,

I moved this to the QlikView space, so it will be correctly categorized and can be helpful to future users

All the Best,

Carmen

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You will need to create a Canonical Date