Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cumulative Total Chart with 2+ Dimensions

I'm stuck on a problem which should be very simple in theory - I'm wanting to produce a line chart showing cumulative sum of Sales across the months in a year, but with multiple lines based on a second dimension, e.g. Product line.

I have tried using the rangesum(above()) method which works fine in straight table as I can control the sort order. However, when I turn it into a line chart I am forced to place the Product dimension second in order to cut by it, which then makes the above() function refer to the previous product in the same month, rather than the same product in the previous month.

I've attached a sample qvw showing my attempt, and an Excel file showing what it should produce.

I'm hoping there's a simple solution as it's a very common use case. Note that I need a solution that does not involve scripting, since I need it to be fully dynamic in real cases and respond to multiple filters and potentially set analysis within the expressions.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
male_carrasco
Creator
Creator

4 Replies
male_carrasco
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Try this.

TEST.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

So simple after all, works fine, thanks.

I've tested on a few slightly more complicated cases like proportion of year total, and that works too. I'll test on some real cases later and see if it gets stuck anywhere.

josephinetedesc
Creator III
Creator III

Hi I am trying to do the same thing but ... I have formulas for the different column headings and so the choice of Expressions| Accumulations is greyed out as a table.  I am not sure how to do the cummulative change as a table.

I have looked up possible threads but they all seem very difficult.

Jo

Date_Fin2014/152014/152014/15
Date_Fin_MonthSales ACTUALSales TARGETACTUAL - TARGETcumm change
Jul252411
Aug2325-2-1
Sep2226-4-5
Oct2026-6-11
Nov1926-7-18
Dec1227-15-33
Jan1527-12-45
josephinetedesc
Creator III
Creator III

it does work now ... i made it a pivot table and it works beautifully and it now has 2 columns ... so the answer must be the type of table you use?