Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

Announcements
Leverage your QlikView investment to modernize BI – see how! Join Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Currency Symbol on Y axis

Dear Experts,

I am trying to implement a bar chart to have currency symbol for example "$" sign on every Y axis step.

Please suggest how I can achieve above mentioned functionality.

I tried using "Symbol" options on number tab of bar chart but it gives symbols only at top of Y axis(screenshot attached) but not on every step.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards,

RG

Tags (2)
11 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Currency Symbol on Y axis

May be use Num() function like this -> Num(Expression, '$#,##0.') and use expression default on the number tab

Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Sunny,

I implemented the way you suggested but no change in the output.

Let me know if you find something else.

Regards,

RG

Highlighted

Would you be able to share a sample? In the mean time I will try it out on my end

Highlighted

AFAIK there is no separate formatting for Y-axis labels. You can however put a currency symbol at the top of the axis by filling in the Symbol, Thousand Symbol, Million Symbol fields on the Chart Properties->Number tab.

Peter

Highlighted

Highlighted
Master II
Master II

Add a value to the "Static Step" (in the Axis tab)  and you will see the $ sign for every value on the Y-axis. It is little weird I hope it is not a bug but it works.

Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Thirumala,

It works but in my case the chart is for amount which is in millions, thousands and hundreds.When we give static small value for step like 5 it works for millions but when I do some selections and the value comes in thousands and in that case it does not show the $ sign.

Any other way you have implemented.

Regards,

RG

Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Sunny,

It works but in my case the chart is for amount which is in millions, thousands and hundreds.When we give static small value for step like 5 it works for millions but when I do some selections and the value comes in thousands and in that case it does not show the $ sign.

Any other way you have implemented.

Regards,

RG

Highlighted

For static step use a calculation such as Max(Value)/5 or something similar so that the static steps changes based on selection. For the exact expression, you will have to play around with it to get something which might look reasonable