cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Sort ListBox

Hi Guys,

I have a sorting problem with listboxes.

When I have made some selections in a datamodel on other fields, the normal Qlikview sorting behavior will sort the associate attributes white and on top. Now for example I have an listbox on field 'Characteristic' this is proper and wanted behaviour:

For Example

Listbox:

Listbox.jpg

Properties

Properties.jpg

Now I want to make selections in the listbox 'Characteristic' The desired functionality is that these selections wouldn't be on top. See below for the screeenshot. I should be a sort of 'freeze' the selection so I can scroll thrue the list.

ListboxII.jpg

How can this be done? Sort by Expression or can this be programmed within the standard options?

pls advice

Regards

Robbie

5 Replies
r3iuk
Creator
Creator

Try just having the Text sort option enabled:

QVSort.png

Not applicable
Author

Instead select The check box for Load Order and uncheck the checkbox for Text

Capture.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ankur, Hi Mike,

Thanks for reply but this is not the desired functionality when I use your proposed sort options.

When i uncheck the State option, I Can't see the associated fields (white on top vs grey),

ListBoxIII.jpg

The left Listbox is wanted but what this listbox further needs to do is when selecting a field (for example: 'Temperatuur'), it needs to 'freeze'. The standard function within QV it will set the field on top and for analyzing each field / Characteristic that's not very useful.

Is my desired functionality a bit clear and can this be done within the sort option. Perhaps sort by expression can solve the problem?

Best regards,

Robert

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi Robert,

Did you this ?

Capture.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Settu,

Yes I did but unfortunately that didn't worked out...

Regards,

Robert