Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

robbiewottie
New Contributor II

Custom Sort ListBox

Hi Guys,

I have a sorting problem with listboxes.

When I have made some selections in a datamodel on other fields, the normal Qlikview sorting behavior will sort the associate attributes white and on top. Now for example I have an listbox on field 'Characteristic' this is proper and wanted behaviour:

For Example

Listbox:

Listbox.jpg

Properties

Properties.jpg

Now I want to make selections in the listbox 'Characteristic' The desired functionality is that these selections wouldn't be on top. See below for the screeenshot. I should be a sort of 'freeze' the selection so I can scroll thrue the list.

ListboxII.jpg

How can this be done? Sort by Expression or can this be programmed within the standard options?

pls advice

Regards

Robbie

5 Replies
r3iuk
Contributor

Re: Custom Sort ListBox

Try just having the Text sort option enabled:

QVSort.png

Not applicable

Instead select The check box for Load Order and uncheck the checkbox for Text

Capture.JPG

robbiewottie
New Contributor II

Hi Ankur, Hi Mike,

Thanks for reply but this is not the desired functionality when I use your proposed sort options.

When i uncheck the State option, I Can't see the associated fields (white on top vs grey),

ListBoxIII.jpg

The left Listbox is wanted but what this listbox further needs to do is when selecting a field (for example: 'Temperatuur'), it needs to 'freeze'. The standard function within QV it will set the field on top and for analyzing each field / Characteristic that's not very useful.

Is my desired functionality a bit clear and can this be done within the sort option. Perhaps sort by expression can solve the problem?

Best regards,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Did you this ?

Capture.JPG

robbiewottie
New Contributor II

Hi Settu,

Yes I did but unfortunately that didn't worked out...

Regards,

Robert

Community Browser