Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canmarroig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Cyclic calendar dimension set on time variables

Hi i've to show some numbers on a dashboard (I use text box), in order to show a count(ID_order) choosing differerent calendars (order date, activation date, etc) on different period (vthismonth, vpreviousmonth, vthismonththisyear or vthismonthpreviousyear, etc).

I've tried with this expression:

count({<[vCalendar]={'$(vThisMonth)'}>}ID_Order) but I've no results, what's my mystake?

Tks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Check that your variable vCalendar contains the correct case senstive field name. The construction you posted works fine here. Perhaps you can post a small qlikview document that demonstrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Make sure that the value in the period variables like vThisMonth has the same date format as the calendar fields. See this blog post: Dates in Set Analysis

canmarroig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you but i've already checked, it's the same format, if I change the cyclic dimension in one of his order_date or activation date, etc:

count({<[order date]={'$(vThisMonth)'}>}ID_Order) or

count({<[activation date]={'$(vThisMonth)'}>}ID_Order)

it's ok. Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Check that your variable vCalendar contains the correct case senstive field name. The construction you posted works fine here. Perhaps you can post a small qlikview document that demonstrates the problem.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

In your expression

count({<[vCalendar]={'$(vThisMonth)'}>}ID_Order)

the vCalendar is interpreted as a field reference, which of course will not work. Instead, you should use a dollar expansion:

count({<[$(vCalendar)]={'$(vThisMonth)'}>}ID_Order)

HIC

canmarroig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Gysbert i've made a mistake in vCalendar since i confused two different kind of dates, thank you