Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diwakarnahata
Creator
Creator

Dimension Separator on X-Axis

Hi All,

I have a scenario where i want to show some kind of separator for the x-axis values which shows two dimensions.

Attached are two images - the first one shows the current behaviour, while the second one shows what is expected.

Let me know how we can achieve this.

Thanks,

Diwakar

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't do this in the chart itself. You can try messing about with line/arrow objects and place these where you'd like them as separators.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
diwakarnahata
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thank you for your guidance, however the problem with this approach is that, the number of elements could vary on each selection. So static line objects will not solve the problem. Also, in the actual implementation i have also used Trellies, so this might not be feasable.

Is there any other workaround to get this functionality? I am currently using version 11.2 SR9.

Regards,

Diwakar

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Not unless you want to code an extension that can render such a chart.

diwakarnahata
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I do not want the same look and feel, but just a way how we can differentiate between the values.

I wish there was a way to do this.

Regards,

Diwakar

Gysbert_Wassenaar

To be honest I have no problem differantiating the values. It looks pretty clear to me there are two groups of months, one for each year.