Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

Not applicable

Dimension label on chart using dimension cycle group

Hi to all,

I'm working on a dashboard currently which has uses a dimension cycle group on several of the charts.  I would like to be able to display the Y axis label on the chart so that this reflects the dimension that has been selected.  I realise that there is no automated way of displaying Y axis labels apart from to use the 'text in chart' function.  What I need to be able to do is get the text in chart function to display the name of the dimension that is selected.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Many thanks

Tim

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dimension label on chart using dimension cycle group

Hi,

The only way I use is use the property "Show Title in Chart" available on the General Tab of chart properties.

After enabling the property, do not enter anything let it display as '<Use First Expression Label>'.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

7 Replies

Hi,

I am sorry but not clear about your requirements.

Kindly explain with some sample qvw file or example.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

MVP
MVP

Tim

The GetCurrentField() function returns the name of the field currently selected in your cycle group.

Regards

Jonathan

Not applicable

Hi Thanks for the replies so far.

I should have been more clear in the first place I think.

The dimensions are actually not in a defined group and are also not acually dimensions.  As you can see from the attached word document, they are calculated expressions which can be cycled through.  I would like to be able to display the name or label of the expression on the chart so it's clear to the user what they are looking at.

This is a dashboard created by someone else that I am just adjusting slightly in line with user requests.

Msany thanks

Tim

MVP
MVP

Ok, so you are talking of cyclic expressions, not cyclic dimensions. I do not know of any way of getting the current selection of an expression cyclic. Maybe someone can offer an idea?

Regards

Jonathan

Hi,

The only way I use is use the property "Show Title in Chart" available on the General Tab of chart properties.

After enabling the property, do not enter anything let it display as '<Use First Expression Label>'.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable

Of course! Thank you Kaushik.  I have no idea why I didn't think of that before.

Tim

marmentrout5
Contributor

That worked for me.  Thank you Jonathan!

Community Browser