Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baliyan_vinay
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dimensions as Row in a Table

Hi, I have a table like this

Per_Id
First Name
Last Name
Company

Country

and data like

Pers_IdFirst NameLast NameCompanyCountry
1ABCD
2XYZW

What I want to do is to create something like this

First NameA
Last NameB
CompanyC
CountryD

I would add a list box or something to filter out Per_Id. What I would need is to display the attributes for person when the per_id is selected, only for the selected one. 

could you please suggest me how can I create the table? 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I would suggest to keep your data as it is but what the priorities of your straight table or use an multibox to achieve your desired layout.

STRAIGHT TABLE
1. Create a straight table with your desired dimensions.
2. You need to add an expression. If you have no expression to use them I suggest you add = only (Pers_id), but set it to be hidden. The hide column property is found in Chart Properties: Presentation.
3. Transpose your straight table by checking the horizontal propriety in Chart Properties: Presentation.

MULTI BOX
If you are only interested in examining a single customer at a time then the multi box could be an alternative.

It is equivalent to a collection of list boxes, but will display values as a transposed staying table without the need/possibility of an expression when only one single customer is selected/available in you selection.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I would suggest to keep your data as it is but what the priorities of your straight table or use an multibox to achieve your desired layout.

STRAIGHT TABLE
1. Create a straight table with your desired dimensions.
2. You need to add an expression. If you have no expression to use them I suggest you add = only (Pers_id), but set it to be hidden. The hide column property is found in Chart Properties: Presentation.
3. Transpose your straight table by checking the horizontal propriety in Chart Properties: Presentation.

MULTI BOX
If you are only interested in examining a single customer at a time then the multi box could be an alternative.

It is equivalent to a collection of list boxes, but will display values as a transposed staying table without the need/possibility of an expression when only one single customer is selected/available in you selection.
baliyan_vinay
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the info. I could use a straight chart but the problem is that the dimensions are displayed vertically and I want them to horizontally displayed cause it is only one record shown at a time. Any ideas on how to do it?

Really appreciate your help. 

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Did you try what I wrote in my previous post?

"3. Transpose your straight table by checking the horizontal propriety in Chart Properties: Presentation."

It should make your table display the values horizontally.
baliyan_vinay
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Oh you're awesome man. Just missed the Horizontal part, my bad. Thank you so much. Can you please also tell me if there is a possibility to have it in a horizontal way even if no pers_no is selected with some kind of expression?

Vegar
MVP
MVP

A chart in QlikView needs to have at least one expression, I realise that my first suggestion might be to strict, returning NULL if you have two persons with the same name in the same company and country. Use count(Pers_id) or SUM(1) instead of only(Pers_id).

If you hide the expression column it is not important which expression you use as long it's not calculating NULL or zero for a row you want to display.
baliyan_vinay
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It also returns one extra row for total Sum I think, anyhow I could hide it as well?

baliyan_vinay
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks buddy it worked.