cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dimensions with fixed min/max

Hi. I have a table with date-values in this format:

yyyymmddTHHmmdd

Now I would like to have this in a "Line Chart" as "Dimension"(x-axis) with only the dates. I am doing this by setting me Dimensions to the following expression:

left(dateStr,8)

This works fine but my problem is that objects that do not have a any of the dates are not displaying this "empty" dates. What I would like it to display is to show all dates and make a zero indication when a date is not pressent.

Any idea how I can make my "Line Chart" to display max/min values in x-axis and make the graph move to "0" when a date is not pressent?

I have tried "Chart Prop/Axes/Dimension Axis": Scale:

Static Min:

Min(left(dateStr,8))

Static Max:

Max(left(dateStr,8))

But still: Not present days are not presented. Thought I have to make e new ListBox with only all dates but dont know how and that would raise some more problems. Any tips or ideas?

11 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ah, you also don't have a field dateStr. As said before, I think you should create dates from the strings in the script. I don't see any problem with begin being connected with other tables. If I look at your data model in the table viewer I see that begin is not a key field, so there are no connections.

reservation:

LOAD id,

date#(left(datestr,8),'YYYYMMDD')) as begin,

date#(left(datestr,8),'YYYYMMDD')) as end,

date#(left(datestr,8),'YYYYMMDD')) as modified,

date#(left(datestr,8),'YYYYMMDD')) as created,

%Key_reservations_15C6F86815BA58DF,    // Key to parent table: reservations

%Key_reservation_EBD059C931B3FB51    // Key for this table: reservations/reservation

FROM Z:\Downloads\TEStat\TEStatReport_20130308T162341.xml (XmlSimple, Table is [reservations/reservation]);

After you've done that replace the calculated dimension in the chart with just the field name, e.g. begin.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Aha, when loading all tables again in the same load they got linked together. Thanks!