Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warrentk80
Creator
Creator

Dinamic Resolution

Hello everyone,

I made a dash QlickView that I see in my PC correctly (via client and web with firefox)

if I see the same dashboard via IE or on another PC with a different resolution, the instrument panel is not displayed in full-screen and are forced to navigate through the scroll bars.

There is a system to automatically size the panel according to the resolution of the PC in order to try and fit the objects on a single page?

thanks

Andrea

4 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Andrea,

if all the PCs where the app is viewed have QlikView installed, you can always use

- main menu "View"

=> adapt to screen.

If some users view the app in IE, the resolution is always slightly divergent - that can't be helped. I am building QlikView_apps here for view on IE (team monitors) and in some of them, the objects seem to be way above the lower edge of the screen...

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

There is a Macro that you can use, I call it Zoom.  You can add it at the sheet level and it will automatically Fit-to-window your dashboard.  I'll warn you that it isn't perfect, but it works pretty well.

Sub Zoom

Set s = ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitForIdle 300

'Apply zoom to fit window for current sheet

s.FitZoomToWindow

'apply zoom to all other sheets

s.ApplyZoomToAllSheets

End Sub

I deploy this as a Sheet Trigger, on Activate sheet.  Simply go to the sheet properties, add an External action, Run Macro, then paste the above script int he Edit Module window.  Do this for each sheet.  Then, as you change sheets, your Dashboard will resize to fit the objects.  Again, this isn't perfect, so be sure to test this out and play with it before you put it in a dashboard.

This comes with no Garauntees, no warranties.  As far as i know, it works in all versions on QV.

Good luck.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Nate,

this looks great!

Unfortunately we've made the experience that in IE, sheet_level_triggers don't always work. For that reason we have put all "standard selections" and such that are necessary for a specific chart on the buttons.

Do you know a way around that?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Maybe you could post a copy of your Application, so I could take a look at it.  Sheet objects will help force some of the zooming, so maybe we can do something with line objects, or strategically placed list boxes.

Nate