Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Disassociate a table after importing data

Hi there,

i have a dashboard that reads 9 different excel spreadsheets and what i need is to disassociate (in italian version: "sconnetti logicamente" - logically disconnect) a straight table, in order that the values inside this table do not change during the data analysis.

I need this because they represent the % Effort of each team on all the services offered to customer.

Here is a screenshot also:

dash_stats - Copia.png

Is it possible to insert a code inside the Script to let this table to get "disassociated"/"disconnected logically" just after the ending of data loading?

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Detach the table  by checking the Detached option on the General tab of the properties screen. This can not be done from the load script, but you could set a variable in the load script and have a macro run on the OnPostReload trigger to set the Detached value. Something like:

sub DetachMyChart

set v = ActiveDocument.Variables("vDetachCH01")

if v.GetContent.String = 1 then ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH01").Detach

end sub

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Gysbert,

I respectfully disagree with your approach. While it would definitely work, this is not an elegant way to approach the problem. A much better approach would use set analysis in the chart expressions--either the {1} set or creating a new alternate state group under Document Properties.

Regards,

Vlad