Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Display Long Text

Hi guys I want to know if there is any solutions to display files including long texts in QlikView?

Let me explain more details about my situation. I have a lot of emails in my outlook which I converted to MS Access and imported to QlikView. But some of them are too long.

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

How long is too long (how many chars)? How did you try to display these data?

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Not really no.

Displaying very long texts in a text box or a table cell will not cause QlikView to display a vertical scroll bar, unfortunately. However, it the text string doesn't fit in the available space, QlikView will try to display all text in a tooltip-like temporary window if you hover your mouse pointer over the cell. Of course, this technique also has its limitations.

Why do you want to move your email messages to QlikView?

Peter

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, Qlikview is a BI tool, not an email program or a text editor. You can try using a text box that will display the contents of the field with lost of text. Let the user select a email and use the text box to show the details of the selected email. The text box can have scroll bars if you like.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Saravanan_Desingh

Also, you have to replace some of the characters to avoid unexpected result.

For instance, if your text has '\n', it will act as new-line and place the remaining text in the next line.

Your Text:

\\nabcdef\ghijk

Output:

\

abcdef\ghijk

vsabbise
Creator
Creator

Great Response. Is there a way to search within the text box ? I have a very lengthy text in my text box and would like to search for a string. Is that a possibility ?