Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgy
Employee
Employee

Displaying a value from a single row of a chart

I have a chart with a "Number of Days to Close" dimension, and a "Running Percent" calculated expression:

chart.jpg

Here is a straight table representation:

table.jpg

Essentially what this tells the user is how many days it takes for 80% of Change Requests  to close.  In addition to the visual chart, I would like to display this single number separately; either using text in the chart, or a separate text object.  I need to call out the dimention value (number of days) where the running percent is 80%.  In the above example this would be 133.

When I try to add the expression below as "Text in Chart" on the presentation tab, it doesn't work, I'm guessing because I can't reference the calculated expression [Running Pct]:

=min({$<[Running Pct]={">=.8"} >} [CR In Progress To Closed Days])

Any ideas on how this could be done?

I added a reference line to show where the 80% value would be, which allows the user to hover over and see the value, but I would like this to be explicitly shown as well.

1 Reply
swuehl
MVP
MVP

No, I don't think you can reference your expression values like this outside the chart.

I believe your problem is quite similar to Eva's that we discussed here:

http://community.qlik.com/message/225318

So I think your issue might be solved with something like

=min(aggr(if( rangesum( above(YOUREXPRESSION,0,rowno()))>.80,Dimension),Dimension))

(please check out my comment on the requirements for an appropriately ordered dimension)