Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying the selection in Drill Down Hierarchy group

Hi All,

Need one urgent help on displaying selection value of the drill down hierarchy selections. I have been struggling to make this work, but QlikView default behaviour is confusing.

Please see the attached sample file for more clarity. I have also attached the excel data.

Problem:

1) There is a drill down group with three dimension. Dim2 has one selectable value for Dim2 = 'Nail Cutter' for Dim1 = 'Self Care' . Thus when I click on Self Care, QliKView jumps to Dim3 directly and skips Dim2 as there was only one value. Unfortunately while doing this, it does not itself select that one single value in Dim2 (Nail Cutter).

Thus my label logic to display the value of currently selected hierarchy level fails. here is the logic I am using:

=if(GetCurrentField(TestGroup) = 'Dim2', GetFieldSelections(Dim1),

if(GetCurrentField(TestGroup) = 'Dim3', GetFieldSelections(Dim2),

if(GetCurrentField(TestGroup) = 'Dim3', GetFieldSelections(Dim3), 'All Dimensions')))

2) Secondly, I am also never able to display the value selected in Dim3?

I am stuck at this point.

Thanks

Raghu

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

if(GetCurrentField(TestGroup) = 'Dim3', GetFieldSelections(Dim2),

if(GetCurrentField(TestGroup) = 'Dim3', GetFieldSelections(Dim3), 'All Dimensions')))

The last test is never reached since it's the same as the second. You could try this:

if(GetCurrentField(TestGroup) = 'Dim3',

if(GetSelectedCount(Dim3),

GetFieldSelections(Dim3),

GetFieldSelections(Dim2)),

'All Dimensions'))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert,

This work for the second point I called in my email.

However, the major issue number 1 above persists. Any way to overcome that one?

Is there any way to get a count of possible selectable values in the next dimension?

If I get the count of possible selectable values, and find that it is 1, I will then need to get that value and display on screen. But do not see any Select Possible functions.

Thanks

Raghu