Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does Qlik Support these types of charts and graphs

Hi All,

I have been using Qlikview for a while now.  I know I can build the charts and table he is requesting but does Qlikview support the color coding being done in these reports?  I have not explored that piece yet.  

Thanks,

David 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I have figured out the straight table coloring and thanks everyone for that.  The problem I am now faced with is the clients chart looks like this:

And Mind looks like this:

I am trying to figure out how to box in the area with a different color.   You can see my clients is two toned.  Green and a orange.  Is there a way to do that?

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, you can color the charts in the way they they requested. Actually, the Straight Table colors resemble the Style "Pyjama Green".

In order to customize Straight Table cells, enable Design Grid, right-click on the cell and select Custom Design from the context menu. You will be able to set any colors from there.

Cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Milan, Italy!

Not applicable
Author

Yes can you do custom color coding in the charts.

Can you please post sample data?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

For the table chart, look into 'style' tab of your chart properties.

You can select several predefined styles (and AFAIR also add custom styles).

For the bar chart, it seems like a frame background color on 'Colors' tab of your chart properties should serve your needs.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Apart from the red underlining that should be no problem

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I have figured out the straight table coloring and thanks everyone for that.  The problem I am now faced with is the clients chart looks like this:

I am trying to figure out how to box in the area with a different color.   You can see my clients is two toned.  Green and a orange.  Is there a way to do that?

Not applicable
Author

I  have figured out the straight table coloring and thanks everyone for that.  The problem I am now faced with is the clients chart looks like this:

I am trying to figure out how to box in the area with the grid line a different color.   You can see my clients is two toned.  Green and a orange.  Is there a way to do that?

Not applicable
Author

I figured it out.  Again thanks for the help. 

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In the Style tab, select Plot Area Background Style = Shadow, then in the Colors tab, you can select two different colors - "Background" and "Plot Area".

As a side comment - their requirement looks outdated, today we are minimizing the use of background colors and decorations, trying to focus users attention on the data and not on the embellishments. I'd try and educate the client on the principles of flat design... The same chart would look a lot better on a white background.

Cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much Oleg.  I totally agree with you on the colors.  I like to use colors but only in certain ways.  You can do this type of coloring on a pivot table can you?

David