Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Drawing of chart failed internally - bug?

I am getting the "drawing of chart failed internally" message in one of my charts. However if I change ANYTHING within the chart it works fine. In fact if I uncheck the "enable" checkbox on any of the expressions and then "apply", then go right back and check it again and hit "apply" the whole chart works again - yet I have changed nothing!

Is this a bug in QlikView?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

This can sometimes be caused by QlikView running out of memory.  Read up on optimising data sets and queries (you will find some articles on this on the Quick Intelligence blog) and ensure you have the statement written as simply as you can.

You could check Task Manager when the chart is rendering, which may point towards a memory leak.

If it is a particular expression then you could try building a new chart with the same expression - there could be something buggy going on - perhaps something lodged in the cache that is causing it to fall over.

Hope that helps,

Steve

View solution in original post

6 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

This can sometimes be caused by QlikView running out of memory.  Read up on optimising data sets and queries (you will find some articles on this on the Quick Intelligence blog) and ensure you have the statement written as simply as you can.

You could check Task Manager when the chart is rendering, which may point towards a memory leak.

If it is a particular expression then you could try building a new chart with the same expression - there could be something buggy going on - perhaps something lodged in the cache that is causing it to fall over.

Hope that helps,

Steve

vikasmahajan

This is not a bug  but you check with expression and dimension used in chart whether it is irreverent.

Also search for  DATA Visualization qvw will help to build chart types with proper chart selection.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable

Hi,

This is not a bug. This can be caused due to Qlikview runnign out of memory.

You can check your expressions and try optimizing them.

Here are few threads from community which can help you or you can search the cmmunity for optimization or our of object memory:

http://community.qlik.com/message/423181

http://community.qlik.com/message/343784

Hope this helps!

sohailansari201
Creator
Creator

I resolved the "drawing of chart failed internally" error by turning on the "Zero on bars" option under Presentation tab. I had a bar chart giving out this error with a cyclic group.

prop.png

andydietler
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

This worked for me. Thanks.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

In my case it was conditional dimension which was not selected so my bar chart was dimension less hence it was throwing that error.