Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Drilldown_group vs. cyclic_group? Confusion

Hi,

I'm working on a QlikView diagram to display data from an Excel file, easy enough. In the base data, I have a date (DD.MM.YYYY) and I add a calculated month_field in the script using Month(Datum).

Why can't I bundle these two fields (month and day) in a drilldown group? As it is, it works as a cyclic group, not the other way.

What is the reason for that?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RedSky001
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi DataNibbler,

Glad to hear it's working, to be honest I don't know what I did that was different to you, sometimes it just helps to have a second pair of eyes look over something.

Would you mind marking my last post as helpfull or correct ?

Cheers

Mark

View solution in original post

13 Replies
RedSky001
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You can, see the example.

Not applicable

Can you give us more info? Can you at least create the drilldown group?

Regads,

Angel

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

thanks for helping!

@ Mark:

I don't see the difference between your example and what I've done - well, yes, you have a formula for the month in the group itself whereas I have the formula in the script already. But it doesn't work yet. Have I overlooked something?

@ arodriguezju:

I can create a drilldown group, but then I'm stuck with the dimension >month<, the >day< never appears.

When I change it into a cyclic_group, it works fine.

I have a date in the original base data. In the script, I have created a month_field. That's all there is.

I've also just tried doing that calculation (IF...>=Monthstart(TODAY()) in the script, but that doesn't change things.

RedSky001
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Are you able to upload a small example file?  It shouldn't make a difference if you convert the date in the script or UI, I was just being lazy in fact as the script is the best place.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

in principle I can. The issue is, everything I'm dealing with is actually sensitive information. I'll see what I can do.

You're right, whenever a formula can be inserted in the UI or the script, the script is the place to prefer.

Talk to you,

DataNibbler

Well, I guess there's no other way - creating a dummy file now will cost me too much time. I will just trust to your not misusing this data.

RedSky001
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi DataNibbler,

I can't open this file, looks like there is section access on it...

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Right you are. Sorry. Here it is once more, now without any restrictions.

RedSky001
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

When I try and open it it starts doing a reload and because I don't have access to your sources files only some data is on the dashboard.

"Cannot open file '\\rgb1app202\production\99_Resources\Qualitaet\QS KPI 2013.xlsx' The network path was not found."

Can you upload it without the automatic reload?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

third attempt - I adjusted the file_path and I removed the trigger for automatic reload. Now it should work if you place that Excel file and the qvw file in the same directory.

Thanks a lot!

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,

DataNibbler