Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dual Dimension with Static Min Max Step

Hi there,

I have problem to contruct a bar chart displaying text value of a dual dimension which consists of category values ('Low', 'Medium', 'High') with ranking (1, 2, 3) on the x-axis.  I would like to x-axis always show 'Low', 'Medium', 'High' even though my data only contain 'Low'.  I thought I set the Static Min, Max, Step to 1, 3, 1 to resolve the issue.  However, when I set static Min, Max and Step, the x-axis only show only the numeric ranking value not the text.

I wonder is there anyone can shed some light on my problem.

Many thanks in advance,

Eric.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Eric, there's a problem with your design. Right now, it works as designed. You need to create a seaparate table with the 3 descriptions (High, Medium, Low). This will be your dimension. Check this out.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Check Show all values option for that dimension in the Dimension tab of the Chart Properties.

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Celambarasan,

Thanks for your reply.  But the chart contains only 'Low' category and not have any 'Medium' or 'High' data even I have selected "Show all value" option though.

Eric.

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Can you upload ur app?

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Did you tried by unchecking

Suppress zero values.

Suppress null values.

Suppress missing values in presentation tab.

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Otherwise, go to the chart properties. Go to tab Presentation and uncheck "Supress Zero-Values"

Not applicable
Author

Hi Celambarasan and Qlikuser14,

Thanks guys!

I have unselected "Suppress When Value Is Null" and selected "Show All Values" in Dimension tab and unselected "Suppress Zero-Values" and unselected "Suppress Missing" options in the Presentation too.

I will construct a small qvw to show my problem.

Eric

Not applicable
Author

Here my simplified exampl

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Eric, there's a problem with your design. Right now, it works as designed. You need to create a seaparate table with the 3 descriptions (High, Medium, Low). This will be your dimension. Check this out.

Not applicable
Author

Hi qlikuser14,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, may be I should change the schema.  My goal in the Water Score Chart is to show all bars (Low, Medium, High) and Low with 0 spend (this is my problem to show this bar) and Medium with 23 spend and High with 21 spend in ascending order.  The missing is WaterScoreDesc belong to the Carbon Score ideally should not display in the Water Score Chart.

Eric.