Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dual value display in List Boxes and charts

Hi

In QV11 SR2 Dual values that have 'long' text representations are displayed as '#####' instead of the usual truncation of the text value using '...' (e.g. "Long text repr...")

This was a problem in QV10, but was fixed in a later SR and was not a problem on QV11 until now. Has anyone else experienced this? It's creating chaos from the display of my QV11 models.

Thanks,

Brian

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

After reinstalling QV11 SR1 I can confirm that SR1 did not use the '...', but did allow the text to simply display as many characters as possible.

SR2 shows '#####', obliterating the text altogether.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks,

Brian

Not applicable
Author

So as it turns out the change in behaviour from SR1 to SR2 as described above is a big fix.

According to the release notes for SR2 this bug has been fixed:

46813: Too long tables are not displayed with # in tables.

Please help me here - why is it better to display '#####' instead of a readable truncated value?

(Thanks John Houston for pointing the bug fix out!)

Not applicable
Author

I'm working around this problem by putting an expression into the list boxes and a calculated dimension on the charts that does a Text() on the dual. Then the sort requires an expresion using the dual value.

This is a lot more clunky than the previous behaviour which handled this more gracefully.

pennetzdorfer
Creator III
Creator III

Hey Brian,

I'm facing the same problem!

http://community.qlik.com/message/323007

Any news on that?

Regards,

Florian