Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic multi box display based on the object selection listed in the container

Hi All,

Can we create dynamic display multi box based on the object selection listed in the container?

For example

1. I have loaded 10 different table and there is no join between them.

2. I have created 10 table box for each table and add it them in container.

3. I have created 10 multi box, each multi box having columns/fields of each table.

4. At a time i want to display only one multi box which is against to currently active state table box.

Any suggestion welcome...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you are using QV10, then use the object Triggers On Activate and set the variable value.  For example for table1 set the variable value vActiveTable = 1 when Table1 is made active.  In Layout tab of Multi box use this expression

Show -> Conditional -> vActiveTable = 1

So, when you are clicking the Table1 the OnActivate event fires, during this we are changing variable value to 1.  Based on this variable we are show/hiding the Multi List box by using Layout -> Show -> Conditional as said above.

I am not sure about QV11, in QV11 there are no object events concepts.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

What version of QV are you using?  v10 or v11?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you are using QV10, then use the object Triggers On Activate and set the variable value.  For example for table1 set the variable value vActiveTable = 1 when Table1 is made active.  In Layout tab of Multi box use this expression

Show -> Conditional -> vActiveTable = 1

So, when you are clicking the Table1 the OnActivate event fires, during this we are changing variable value to 1.  Based on this variable we are show/hiding the Multi List box by using Layout -> Show -> Conditional as said above.

I am not sure about QV11, in QV11 there are no object events concepts.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

Your example help me lot it works good. Thanks

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 11:21 AM, jagan mohan <

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If my Post helps you in finding the soltion for your problem, close this discussion by clicking the "Correct Answer" button, so that it is very useful for others to find solution for type of requirement.

Regards,

Jagan.