Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Embed Qlikview Document into another Qlikview

I have a number of Qlikview applications with quite complicated data models supporting it.  I'd like to cerry pick a number of key reports from these applications and present them in a serperate, all encompassing Qlikview app.....Effectivelly building a dashboard

Has anyone tried this?  I really dont want to go through the motions of replicating the script from multiple apps into this new app

Thanks, Jay

4 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Is the data model is same in all the Qlikview files.

Regards,

Jagan.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If all the Qlikview files has the same data model and data then use the Binary load of Qlikview file.

i.e,. Create a qlikview file with all the scripts and data, and using this qlikview file you can embed this another file by using the Binary load.

Ex:

BINARY filename.qvw;

Regards,

Jagan.

prieper
Master II
Master II

Usually you do not need detailed data in the dashboard. For the dashboard you need typically only few dimension. During the execution of the script in your various detailed applications you may produce an aggregated table - in line with the requirements of the dashboard - and store into a separate qvd. All these qvd's then will be read by the dashboard.

HTH
Peter

edit: Posting crossed with Jagan's reply. You can make a binary load only with one file, not with multiples.

Not applicable
Author

Peter - This is very useful and could be the solution for me.

Thanks, Jay