Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Excluding a value from a dimension

Should be an easy one, this.

I have a simple chart with a field called [Pipeline Year] as the dimension.

My expression is:

((Sum({< [Pipeline Month]={$(varCurrentMonth)}, COUNTY -={'JSY','GNY','IOM','NHQ'}>} [InCompany Revenue]) +

Sum({< [Pipeline Month]={$(varCurrentMonth)}, COUNTY -={'JSY','GNY','IOM','NHQ'}>} [Scheduled Revenue])))

The problem is that I want to see the month's revenue for the last 5 years. 2012-2008 but because there is money in already in the pipeline for 2013, 2013 is included in the chart. How best is it to exlude 2013 and keep it to 2012-2008?

Do i need to add a caclulated dimension or is there a better way of excluding 2013 (or any future years).

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi, you can use IF in youtr expression:

IF( [Pipeline Year] >=2008 AND [Pipeline Year] <=2012,((Sum({< [Pipeline Month]={$(varCurrentMonth)}, COUNTY -={'JSY','GNY','IOM','NHQ'}>} [InCompany Revenue]) +

Sum({< [Pipeline Month]={$(varCurrentMonth)}, COUNTY -={'JSY','GNY','IOM','NHQ'}>} [Scheduled Revenue]))))

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi, you can use IF in youtr expression:

IF( [Pipeline Year] >=2008 AND [Pipeline Year] <=2012,((Sum({< [Pipeline Month]={$(varCurrentMonth)}, COUNTY -={'JSY','GNY','IOM','NHQ'}>} [InCompany Revenue]) +

Sum({< [Pipeline Month]={$(varCurrentMonth)}, COUNTY -={'JSY','GNY','IOM','NHQ'}>} [Scheduled Revenue]))))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot user14, that is just what I needed.