Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Explain the dimensionality function in qlikview for qlikview beginners

Hi,

I am penchalaprasad.I have completed Bachelor of technology in the stream of computerscience and engineering.After that i have completed my course in qlikview11.Right now i am preparing for interviews.I would like to understand and use the dimensionality function.I had gothrough the QLIKVIEW 11 reference manual,google,qlikview community and the book(QLIKVIEW 11 for developers).I had put a good effort to understand the dimensionality() by searching in the above mentioned 4.but i didn't understand any thing in these.Can anyone please help me by explaining the dimensionality function(like What is dimensionality(),Where we use it,when we use it,why we use it,how to use it)With a best example as early as possible.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you go into Help within the Qlikview application and do a search on Dimenionality you will find a helpful explaination and examples.

This is true for all funtions and features within Qlikview.

Not applicable
Author

Before to start this discussion, i already search in the HELP.But i didn't understand anything about dimensionality().Tell me any other source

sohailansari201
Creator
Creator

You should find good information here:

How to use - Dimensionality()

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Dimensionality() returns the number of dimensions that is visible (not collapsed) at the current row.

Another way of looking at it is that Dimensionality() returns the aggregation level which the current row in your chart is at.

It is a number starting at 1 and going upwards - except for partial sums in a pivot table that is 0.

The highest aggregation is 1 (except for partial sums or totals) that is when all rows for the leftmost column is collapsed.