Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression not working on different server

Hi,

I have written the following expression in a text_object: =count(if(closedate = null() and priority = 'Priority 1', priority))

On my computer which is a Windows XP machine (32-bit) the code is working fine and pulling through a value of 1.

However when I transfer this over to the Qlik Server which is a Windows 2008 (64-bit), the same expression is pulling through a value of 0.

I have set the ODBC drivers to force 32-bit and reloaded but this makes no difference.

I am using the following Qlik Versions:

My Computer:  Qlikview 11.20.12235.0 SR5

Qlik Server:      Qlikview 11.20.12235.0 SR5 64-Bit Edition (x64)

Would someone be able to help me on this please?

Regards,

Jon Ditchfield

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

try Len(Trim(closedate)) = 0 install for closedate = null()

I have had issues in past where null() or IsNull() has not worked as expected

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

You can try isnull(closedate) and priority = 'Priority 1' in your text box.

You can also create a flag on your script and change this expression to use set analysis. You will probably experience a better performance.

In script, you can create something like this:

Load ...

if( isnull(closedate), 1, 0 ) as null_closedate,

Then, you expression will become:

count (  {<null_closedate={1}, priority={'Priority 1'}>  priority}

Best Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Unfortuately this didn't work.  It is working fine if I access my document from my pc, its when I access the document from the server is when the data doesn't come through.

Regards,

Jon

Not applicable
Author

64-bit resonates with the Len()=0 test. Try it in script as well as Erich suggests, it has to work.

I tried in 32-bit and 64-bit environments and both times worked in desktop and server

thomas_wang
Creator
Creator

Hi,

This might be a bug of this specific version (11.20.12235.0 SR5). When you try to get the server to calculate “Count(Null())”, A lot of things can go wrong! Try to avoid this calculation,then they will go back to normal.

Hope that may help you.