Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extra Label In straight Table header

Hi all ,Gysbert Wassenaar

In the below shown image ,  'Retirements' is an extra text box which I used for presentation. Now its creating problem while generating reports. The position of 'Retirements' text box being changed in single page reports. Now all I want is create such an extra label within table. Might not need to be the same as it looks but should be meaningful.

Any leads would be appreciated .

Thanks in advance.

BEst Regards,

Susvith

1.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Here is some out of box formatting that may help.  The prior amount label has a few carriage returns in there.

1. The label is an expression: ='Retirements' & chr(10) & chr(10) & 'Prior Amount'

2. The Header is 3 lines deep

3. The labels are vertically positioned to the bottom

Capture.PNG.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Here is some out of box formatting that may help.  The prior amount label has a few carriage returns in there.

1. The label is an expression: ='Retirements' & chr(10) & chr(10) & 'Prior Amount'

2. The Header is 3 lines deep

3. The labels are vertically positioned to the bottom

Capture.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much ... Again I missed a simple step..

It helps a lot

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan, Gysbert Wassenaar

Is there any way to increase the size of  'Retirements'?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Susvith

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hi - not in this approach.  The method needed to make 'Retirements' bigger is to use a pivot table with 1 or 2 synthetic dimensions to group the expression names into 2 dimensions.  You would then have only 1 expression with a few nested IF statements to calculate the right measure depending on the dimensional value (ie: expression name).

Not applicable
Author

There is another way to do this:

When you load just add a field

'Retirement' as dummy,

then in the pivot add dummy as the last column and drag it to the horizontal top.

Now in the label of dummy in dimensions just type a space.

It will look like something below.

retirement community.JPG.jpg

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

It would be close, but the problem with this approach is that 'Retirement' will be centered over all 4 expressions rather than the last 3 , and i'm not sure that is good.

Thats why you  would need to define 2 buckets, one for the first expression and a 2nd for the last three... just so retirement gets centered.