Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Field Event Trigger does not work

Field Event Trigger does not work, or is my way the wrong direction?I want set a date value in a multibox by a field event trigger. The trigger shall select a single date-value out of a range date-value (per accounting period) by =DATE(MAX(DSS_DATE.DAY_DT)) .

In the qvw there is an example which does not work.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I got the field-trigger to run, but the behaviour is not what i need. the field-selet event reduces the data (makes date grey) but I need only the user-selection (green) while the rest still remains white.

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

see the attached file

hope this helps

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

I just realize that I have a another problem, I can select the latest date of an accounting period (AP) by a field Event Trigger but the other problem which is very bad behaviour, as soon as I have no AP-Date selected and only YEAR and AP and if I select FACT.Value = 'ABC01' and AP = 2 and I switch to AP = 3, I do not loose the FACT.Value Selection what is fine, but as soon as I have selected a AP-Date and I than switch to AP = 3, I loose the selected FACT.Value = 'ABC01'  which is very bad. If I make a trigger on OnSelect on DSS_DATE.AP : Clear Other Field DAY_ID (and maybe DSS_DATE.MONTH_KEY as well) it does not work.

So the big question how can I deselect a selection by a trigger so that I do not loose the other dimension selection criterias?