Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Field not found error while using SAP Connector

Hi Community,

Using SAP Connector, I am connecting to a SAP report variant. I need to set up mechanism, for daily incremental data load, for that report. Today when I set up the report layout, everything works file. But next day, on scheduled job, it fails, and error is field not found.

The issue is because of the Description fields changing the filedlength, based on the actual data size.

e.g. Materail Description, in todays data, when I am setting up the layout, at design time, has max length 13, delimiter appears at 14th position and layout is set accordingly. Next day, if description contains actual data, in any single row, which exceeds 13, job fails.

How can this issue be fixed?

To the SAP team - I have specified that report has to be in ALV format. But within ALV format as well, this issue happens.

Is there any solution, which can be implemented either at Qlikview side or SAP side? Community support would prove me a great help.

Regards - Kishori

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello, can you fix it?

Not applicable
Author

can you fix this ?

Not applicable
Author

are you able to fix this ? We have the same problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did anyone fix this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Same problem. The field delimiter position moves out when data width moves. My current approach is to remove fields that could have a variable length and then left join them on the output qvd via SQL connector. I'm still testing this. If you look at the picture, all of it could be avoided if the connector would simply switch category 3 up to the header row. I really wish it was possible to manually change category numbers.

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am still struggling with this and right now I have to fetch the new data every morning from SAP!

I created a fixed layout for the report in SAP, but that didnt work. Let me know what you find after testing your current approach. Thanks!

vinod_nallapaneni

Hi,

Did you found the solution? I'm also facing the same issue.

Vinod.