Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

retrocolor
New Contributor III

Filter in Alternate State

Hi All,

I am new to alternate states. I have 2 filters - for example Country and Shop (one shop is in one country) and additional filter for Shop which is in alternate state (for ex. CompareShop). I need this filter to be in alt state but to depend on the selections only in Country filter (in default state). How can do that? 

Thank you!

Radi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Filter in Alternate State

You can add a Select in Field action to the OnSelect field event trigger of the Country field. Use Country as field to apply the selection in, use ='(' & concat(distinct Country, '|') & ')' as search string. Select the alternate state the CompareShop is in as Alternate State to apply the selection to.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
11 Replies
kumarnatarajan
Valued Contributor

Hi,

you can able to use possible function.

Ref:

http://community.qlik.com/qlikviews/1194

You can add a Select in Field action to the OnSelect field event trigger of the Country field. Use Country as field to apply the selection in, use ='(' & concat(distinct Country, '|') & ')' as search string. Select the alternate state the CompareShop is in as Alternate State to apply the selection to.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
retrocolor
New Contributor III

Hi,

This is interesting realization but it didn't help me.

Thank you!

Regards,

Radi

kumarnatarajan
Valued Contributor

Hi ,

Ok Gysbert Wassenaar told method help full for you. else send me any sample file i can help you

retrocolor
New Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you! This works althought I am trying to escape all sort of triggering because most of the users use ajax.

I set OnSelect trigger and OnChange to clear the selection but if I have space in the value in doesn't select it. I tryed to add quote for each value (chr(39)) but it didn't help. Do you know how I can include these values?

I will post an example.

Regards,

Radi

kumarnatarajan
Valued Contributor

Hi Radoslava Dimitrova,

Try This one,

EX: '(' & Concat(DISTINCT '"'&Country&'"','|') & ')' 

quote for each value

retrocolor
New Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you all!

It works now.

Regards,

Radi

Not applicable

Hello,

I am looking for exactly the same thing. I tried to apply your search string but I can't make it.

So in he file I attached u can see I have 2 times 2 fields

The first couple of fields are linked to alternate state 1 and the 1st chart.

The second couple of fields are linked to alternate state 2 and 2nd chart.

On product (alternate state 1) I made always one selected value so the user can select only one product.

So I think what I look for is similar to the previous post. When I select product N 1 in alternate state 1 it belongs to the category beauty. So I need that when I select product N 1 in alternate state 1 in the 2nd chart I have displayed all products from the category beauty.

Can u give me an example in the file attached?

Thank u

Not applicable

Hello,

I am looking for exactly the same thing. I tried to apply your search string but I can't make it.

So in he file I attached u can see I have 2 times 2 fields

The first couple of fields are linked to alternate state 1 and the 1st chart.

The second couple of fields are linked to alternate state 2 and 2nd chart.

On product (alternate state 1) I made always one selected value so the user can select only one product.

So I think what I look for is similar to the previous post. When I select product N 1 in alternate state 1 it belongs to the category beauty. So I need that when I select product N 1 in alternate state 1 in the 2nd chart I have displayed all products from the category beauty.

Can u give me an example in the file attached?

Thank u

Community Browser