Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filtered data

Hello community!

I have a sheet with the two charts below and a listbox.  I would like the top chart defaulted to the years 2015, but able to be changed to 2014 if I want.  I would like the bottom chart to not be filtered at all.  Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks!

scrap.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

For the top chart use the following expression:

Sum({<FINANCIAL_YEAR = {'$(=Max(FINANCIAL_YEAR ))'}>} Sales)

This will show max FINANCIAL_YEAR when you have nothing selected and will show the max FINANCIAL_YEAR for the selected list of FINANCIAL_YEAR

Below chart, use this:

Sum({<FINANCIAL_YEAR}>} Sales)

This will not let the expression changed based on any selection in FINANCIAL_YEAR list box and will always show all years

Note: Sum(Sales) was just an example, you just need to add the red part to your expressions.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

For the top chart use the following expression:

Sum({<FINANCIAL_YEAR = {'$(=Max(FINANCIAL_YEAR ))'}>} Sales)

This will show max FINANCIAL_YEAR when you have nothing selected and will show the max FINANCIAL_YEAR for the selected list of FINANCIAL_YEAR

Below chart, use this:

Sum({<FINANCIAL_YEAR}>} Sales)

This will not let the expression changed based on any selection in FINANCIAL_YEAR list box and will always show all years

Note: Sum(Sales) was just an example, you just need to add the red part to your expressions.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot!

sunny_talwar

Not a problem

Not applicable
Author

Hi Channing, you can do this:

1. Right click in your sheet    

2. Properties

3. Triggers

4. Click in -> Sheet Event Triggers -> OnActivateSheet -> Edit Action(s)...

5. Add an action: "Select in Field"

6. Fill the Field with: FINANCIAL_YEAR

7. Fill the Search String with: 2015

8. Ok and close

In this way, every time that you see this sheet, the value of default of FINANCIAL_YEAR will be 2015.

I hope that it help you,

Regards, Agustin