Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Find the Min Date for the Max Sales in a Summary Text Box

Please find attached my sample QVW.   I am trying to solve a double AGGR issue and need some expert assistance.  Here is a picture of my dashboard screen.

My business user has a requirement to have summary boxes above the straight table.   In this example, we want to know the Max Sales and then answer the next 3 questions.  In the left summary text object, you can see the formula for AGGR the max sales by date.   This is fine for finding the max.  What I really want is to identify the minimum interval dimension and assign it to a variable. so that I can answer the other questions using set analysis.  The logic used to solve this will be used 10 more times to solve this issue with different data sets and calculations.

Test Interval Shot.PNGGreetings,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Sunny I just used your expressions in those 3 text boxes like below and it gives the same result as yours. Might not need the additional Only() or Sum() functions here. Whats your opinion? Correct me...

= FirstSortedValue(Date, -Aggr(Sum(Sales) - Date/1E10, Date))             -> 1/6/2017

= FirstSortedValue(Salesman, -Aggr(Sum(Sales) - Date/1E10, Date))     -> Larry

= FirstSortedValue(Commission, -Aggr(Sum(Sales) - Date/1E10, Date)) -> 250

View solution in original post

15 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try these three expressions

1) =FirstSortedValue(Interval, -aggr(sum(Sales)-Date/1E10,Date))

2) =Only({<Interval = {"$(=FirstSortedValue(Interval, -aggr(sum(Sales)-Date/1E10,Date)))"}>} Salesman)

3) =Sum({<Interval = {"$(=FirstSortedValue(Interval, -aggr(sum(Sales)-Date/1E10,Date)))"}>} Commission)

Capture.PNG

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Check this?

Expr1: = Min({< Sales = {$(= Max(Aggr(Sum(Sales), Date))) } >} Date)

Expr2: = Only({< Date = {'$(= Min({< Sales = {$(= Max(Aggr(Sum(Sales), Date)))}>} Date))' } >} Salesman)

Expr3: = Min({< Date = {'$(= Min({< Sales = {$(= Max(Aggr(Sum(Sales), Date)))}>} Date))' } >} Commission)

stalwar1‌ Just wondering can we write this way as well? I am getting the results but have a slight doubt in my brains that I am not sure.

And can you explain what you mean by Aggr(Sum(Sales) - Date/IE10, Date) in your expr?

sunny_talwar

Ya, I think this might be better

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

Thanks again for your quick response.  Hope you are going to make it to Qonnections in Orlando this year, I would really like to meet you.

Can you please explain the /1E10 portion of the expressions above?

This solution sure will be more efficient that building variables.

Thanks,

Mike 

sunny_talwar

Well the idea is to arrange the Interval by a order in which I can pick the highest or lowest value of interval

Sum(Sales) - Date/1E10 (where 1E10 is nothing but 10,000,000,000)

Capture.PNG

1000 - DATE/10,000,000 will be a number slighly smaller than 1000. From this list, I am picking the highest number. Having said that, vishsaggi‌'s proposed solution seems to be much better and less complicated. So, I would go with his way of doing this.

P.S. I am going to the conference this year. Def. look forward to seeing you there.

Best,

Sunny

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Thanks Sunny for the explanation, This is interesting, never would have thought like that. 🙂

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Sunny I just used your expressions in those 3 text boxes like below and it gives the same result as yours. Might not need the additional Only() or Sum() functions here. Whats your opinion? Correct me...

= FirstSortedValue(Date, -Aggr(Sum(Sales) - Date/1E10, Date))             -> 1/6/2017

= FirstSortedValue(Salesman, -Aggr(Sum(Sales) - Date/1E10, Date))     -> Larry

= FirstSortedValue(Commission, -Aggr(Sum(Sales) - Date/1E10, Date)) -> 250

sunny_talwar

Right yet again

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Thanks Sunny, couple of things learnt today. 🙂 Cheers..