Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stantrolav
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Fix (block, consolidate, fixate) position of diagram in combo chart

Hi there!

I got combo chart. It consists of two elements: Legend and Diagram. During design of special line on it, I made two grafics one on each other. When i filtering my data by any values Legend and Diagram changes. Legend becomes wider or shorter,  That changes ruin my beauty in modeling.

Is there any way to block positions of Legend and Chart in one object?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

One thing you can try is disabling the legend in the combo chart and creating a straight table to use as legend. A straight table can be formatted to look like a legend. Add the dimension, 1 as expression and remove totals, the header, the caption, make cell borders transparent etc. The example posted here has such a fake legend hovering on top of the chart.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

One thing you can try is disabling the legend in the combo chart and creating a straight table to use as legend. A straight table can be formatted to look like a legend. Add the dimension, 1 as expression and remove totals, the header, the caption, make cell borders transparent etc. The example posted here has such a fake legend hovering on top of the chart.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
stantrolav
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Changing the size of the diagram is due to the legend. So it is necessary to remove it from the graph and nothing will go wider or shorter.

Thanks Legendary gwassenaar.