Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Fixing total in pivot

Hi!

I have a pivot chart where I show gross, refunds and net (with partial sums). No problem there.

As dimension I use Group which values are gross, refund and net. Net is calculated as gross - refund.

The problem occur when the grand total is calculated. I really just want to show the net.

Straight table is NOT the answer, I have multiple dimensions.

Found a solution where you create a assosiative table and somehow use that with aggregated values for dimension and then use the fact table for (pivot)total.

But I can't get it in my head how to create that table. What to use as key?

Really would like to be able to control what goes in the, grand, total with set analysis or something.

Suggestions?

Regards

thomas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Thomas,

You could using an If statement in your expression using the Dimensionality() function.  I believe that 0 is the grand total:

if(Dimensionality()=0, Null(), Sum(Myfield))

Regards,

Stephen

View solution in original post

3 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Thomas,

You could using an If statement in your expression using the Dimensionality() function.  I believe that 0 is the grand total:

if(Dimensionality()=0, Null(), Sum(Myfield))

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Excellent!

With Null() the total row dissapears but with a set analysis expression it works.

if(Dimensionality()=0, Sum({<Grupp={Net}>}Myfield)), Sum(Myfield))

Not applicable
Author

Hmm, one issue is that if you do a selection (lets say Gross) the grand total still calculates according to set analysis.

Maybe I can solve that with another if that eliminate the grand total if any selection is made. The sub total is still there and that should be enaugh.