Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Format number problem in Rolling N months

Hi Dear QV Community

I have this expresion to made a N rollling months in a Pivot Table with two dimmentions ([Indicadores productividad fideicomisos] and Periodo)

= If(Match(Mid([Indicadores productividad fideicomisos],1,5),'Total')=0,

Num(Sum({<Periodo= {">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Periodo), -vRolling), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Periodo), 0),  'MMM-YY'))"}>} [Valor Indicadores productividad fideicomisos]),'#.##0%')

,Num(Sum({<Periodo= {">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Periodo), -vRolling), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Periodo), 0),  'MMM-YY'))"}>} [Valor Indicadores productividad fideicomisos]),'#.##0')

)

I want format the result with #.##0% when dimention [Indicadores productividad fideicomisos]  is different to Total* and #.##0 when is equal to Total*

The expression works fine just for the selected period but not for rolling periods

pantallaso.png

9 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

In the numbers tab of the pivot table properties window make sure the expression has its format set to "default expression".

Karl

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karl

I asgined default expression, but i believe that the problem are in the IF  clausule, becose  the iF part of the expresion acts in the  selected period, but not in the rolling periods.

I don't know how solve this problem.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Strange.  You could try a pick() instead of an if() expression.

Karl

Not applicable
Author

How do I change the expression to peek?

= If(Match(Mid([Indicadores productividad fideicomisos],1,5),'Total')=0,

//Part IF

Num(Sum({<Periodo= {">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Periodo), -vRolling), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Periodo), 0),  'MMM-YY'))"}>} [Valor Indicadores productividad fideicomisos]),'#.##0%')

//Part Else

,Num(Sum({<Periodo= {">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Periodo), -vRolling), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Periodo), 0),  'MMM-YY'))"}>} [Valor Indicadores productividad fideicomisos]),'#.##0')

)

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Try

pick(wildmatch(mid([Indicadores productividad fideicomisos],1,5),'Total','*'),

Num(...,'#,##0%'),

Num(...,'#,##0')

)

Karl

Not applicable
Author

I tried with pick option but the rolling N months not works.

Not applicable
Author

This is the expression

pick(wildmatch(mid([Indicadores productividad fideicomisos],1,5),'Total','*'),

Num(Sum({<Periodo= {">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Periodo), -vRolling), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Periodo), 0),  'MMM-YY'))"}>} [Valor Indicadores productividad fideicomisos]),'#.##0')

,Num(Sum({<Periodo= {">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Periodo), -vRolling), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(Periodo), 0),  'MMM-YY'))"}>} [Valor Indicadores productividad fideicomisos]),'#.##0,00%')

)

The pivot table just show the selected period, not rolling N months.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

In the image you included above, was your select only February 2012?

Karl

Not applicable
Author

Yes in the image included the Period selected are Feb-2012