Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stekol61
Creator
Creator

Format pivot table

Hi!

In my Pivot table the expresion "header" differ in the client compared to what is see i AccessPoint (see last row).

I want to force the text to "wrap" .

I have used the Chart Properties 'Text Format' to get bold text by using '<B>'.

Is there a similar way to also force the text to wrap?

Qlik View client:

AccessPoint:

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think the reason is that the desktop client and the access point use different fonts (type, size) and also different border/margin-settings and therefore they are not identically and one text may fit within one row and the other is too large and will create a line-break.

You could try to change the font type and or size and maybe you find a combination which worked in yor case. If not you will need to enforce the line-break with some logic, like:

mid(Dim, 1, 10) & chr(10) & mid(Dim, 11)

or maybe

replace(Dim, '(', chr(10) & '(')

There are a lot of ways with string-functions to check the string-value and to adjust it if it's needed.

- Marcus

stekol61
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi!

A small mistake in my question.

The 'bold' setting works on the valus in the table. If a limit is crossed the text colour change to red and Bold.

If i want to try you suggestions, where should they be added?

marcus_sommer

If the conditions rather simple you could try it with the settings from tab visualization and if not with attribut-expressions: How to Create Chart Attribute Expressions

- Marcus

stekol61
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi!

According to the document  you can just change text to e.g. Bold and Italic. Not Wrap.

What do you man with 'settings from tab visualization'?

marcus_sommer

No, a wrapping of cells, adjusting the heights of rows and similar things aren't possible - this are all global options and could not react on any conditions.

With tab visualization was the following meant:

- Marcus