Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

Not applicable

Formatting based on Sum of rows

Hello,

Can you format an entire row based on the outcome of the sum of rows.

I have a straight table with months January to December and Each month a parameter says 1 or 0. If the total is 3 or higher, the entire row should color red...

Thanks for the help!

Steven

8 Replies
Sokkorn
Honored Contributor

Formatting based on Sum of rows

Hi Steven,

Suppose that your expression label for SUM(Field) is [Amount]. Then expand your expression by click on + sign ==> Select on Background Color ==> Definition : IF([Amount]>=3,Red(),White())

If this one not clear, please attached your small application to make it easy understand what you looking for.

Regards,

Sokkorn Cheav

Not applicable

Re: Formatting based on Sum of rows

Hey,

Thanks for the quick response. Let me clarify it a bit more...

I created a excel table because my file is rather large and more confusing than anything else...

This is the situation: I want the column Amount to be red as background when there is a value entered 3 times or more. The Amount column is a sum of several seperate lines of results. I thought I could add a column 'O?' and then if the sum of this column is 3 or higher make the column 'Amount' Red. But I have no idea how I can use the 'sum'-statement in an expression...

EDIT: chart was not shown...

Sokkorn
Honored Contributor

Hi Steven,

See the sample attached file.

HTH and let me know.

Regards,

Sokkorn Cheav

Not applicable

Hey

Thanks for your help but I think you misinterpret my question.

I see you entered '3' next to 23000 but thats what I meant.

What should happen is the following based on your QVW:

If the column 'Sum(amount)' is filled in 3 times or more, the whole should turn red.

I added the testfile and tried to explain it in detail there...

Thanks again for you help Sokkorn Cheav! Appreciated a lot!

Not applicable

I looked around and if I can change the conditional expression from VALUE = X to something more like VALUE belongs to (x,y,z,..) it should work. Is this possible?

Sokkorn
Honored Contributor

Hi seysenbrandts,

I am very poor in English. I cannot understand at all what you looking for. After look around your app still not sure what you want.

Regards,

Sokkorn Cheav

Not applicable

Hey

Thanks for responding. I'll try to explain it:

Situation 1: Now the column 'Amount' should be red because in 3 of the 4 quarters the Amount is higher than $ 100.000

QuarterAmount
Q1$ 120.000
Q2$45.000
Q3$101.000
Q4$120.0000
Total$386.000

Situation 2: Now the column 'Amount' should not be red because the condition (3 or more Quarters the amount is higher than $100.00) is not fulfilled because only 1 quarter has an amount higher than $100.000

QuarterAmount
Q1$55.000
Q2$120.000
Q3$45.000
Q4$80.000
Total$300.000

Hope you can help me with this (or someone else). If I just figure out how to use the sum of rows as a variable in an expression I should be able to do this...

Sokkorn
Honored Contributor

Hi seysenbrandts,

Good explain. I just understand now. I'm not sure I can deliver what you want or not in this case. Let try it together.

Regards,

Sokkorn Cheav

Community Browser