Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Formatting dimensions in a pivot table

Good morning,

the attached refers to a QView pivot table which I try to format.

I'm trying to put a grosser border arround the values of each month (dimension month, values oct,nov,dic and total) and I am not able to find the way to do so.

By the way, I would like to put bold format for the column dimension titles (that is 'oct','nov','Dec'...and 'Est.','Adultos','Niños'...).

At last, I also would like not to have all the cells values of 'Total' with bold format (it comes from Presentation->MES->Show Partial Sums) but having the same format than the two others squares.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whiteline
Master II
Master II

I think you're missing the point.

The context menu is the menu that appears when you right-click on a pivot (Properties, Detach, Clone ...).

And there you will find 'Custom format cell' item, if you've done two steps mentioned above properly.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

To bold it you can use ='<B>' as text foramt expression (properties --> Dimensions tab --> Dimension label--> click the + symbol).

Also you can use 'Custom Format Cell' feature:

It's well described here http://community.qlik.com/message/6759

Context Menu "Custom Format Cell" does not appear

Not applicable
Author

I've just did so (I think) but the values of 'MES' that is 'oct', 'nov' , 'dic' remain not bolded. Please see the attached IMG of what I did.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Strange, should work, you can try with another dimension or expresison.

Try 'Custom Format Cell' (the link above) it's even easier.

Not applicable
Author

It seems a bug then, neither I have such a 'Custom format cell', I'll talk to my provider. Thank you Whiteline.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

1) You have to select 'Advanced' at Document properties->General->Styling mode

2) You have to toggle 'Design Grid' from View menu.

Then you will see this option in a pivot context menu.

Not applicable
Author

Certainly into the 'Design' tag of the pivot table context menu, now appear two new options called 'Use Borders' and 'Rounded Corners'. Unfortunately this is usefull to format the external perimeter of all the pivot table but it seems not to be usefull to stand out the columns perimeter arround 'oct', 'nov' and 'dec' I think.

whiteline
Master II
Master II

I think you're missing the point.

The context menu is the menu that appears when you right-click on a pivot (Properties, Detach, Clone ...).

And there you will find 'Custom format cell' item, if you've done two steps mentioned above properly.