Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
romeop
Contributor
Contributor

Fractile in every row by a dimension

Hi,

i need to insert a formula for a simple fractile function that should be displayed in every row by a given dimension.

In the first example, it should be a simpe Fractile(Remuneration,0.50) by every Grade and the result should be the Median by Grade field.

Furthermore, when i filter in the second example by Jeff and Simon, it should display the same median as in the first example, including all the Grade records and not only the sorted ones.

How can this be achieved?

fractile.PNG

11 Replies
marcus_sommer

Try it with: Fractile(total <Grade> Remuneration,0.50)

- Marcus

romeop
Contributor
Contributor
Author

the problem is when filtered it calculates only the filtered rows and not all the rows

fractile1.PNG

marcus_sommer

With an additionally set analysis you could ignore all or certain selections for example with:

Fractile({1} total <Grade> Remuneration,0.50)

Fractile({<Name = >} total <Grade> Remuneration,0.50)

- Marcus

romeop
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I have tried but if shows me always all the record and not only the filtered records, is there a way to filter the records?

marcus_sommer

This needs an additionally condition - a rather simple approach could be:

Fractile({<Name = >} total <Grade> Remuneration,0.50) * count(Name)

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Romeo, did Marcus' posts help you get things working?  If so, please consider using the Accept as Solution button on those posts that helped you get it figured out. If you did something else, you can post that solution yourself and then use the button to mark it, that way folks know what actually worked in this use case.  If you need further help, provide an update on things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
romeop
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Brett and Marcus, sorry for the late reply!

The problem is that the filter is not workign anymore, i have 20.000 rows and when i filter by name or by anaother field i still see 20.000 records and not only the one i need.

Is there a way to let the filter working?

marcus_sommer

A small example with a reduced dataset on records, tables and fields but functional and including the expected results (maybe as pictures in some textboxes) would be quite useful.

- Marcus

romeop
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Here is a working example, in the row Expected Median by grade there is the wanted result.

If i filter for name Jeff and Simon i still see all the record and not only the selected ones, the fractile formula works well btw.

filter Jeff Simon.PNG

Furthermore if i filter for remuneration 90.000 and 120.000 i see the filtered ones but the fractile formula return only the median for the selected records and not the median for all records.

filter by remuneration.PNG

If i filter by grade the filter works and the formula aswell, but is a coincidence i guess due to the fact all the record filtered applies to the fractile formula.

i hope this is more clear, 

Many thanks

Romeo