Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Full timeline of one year in bar chart

Hi,

i am trying to create a full timeline for one year (Jan-Dec) in a bar chart having only 2 month with values for the current year.

The chart should be displayed in a report always displaying a full year. I tried to create a calender with the format YYYYMM filling up the missing values. I presume that the missing month are not displayed because the data table is having only 2 month filled with values.

I already checked other posts but didn't find the right solution.

I attached the example.

Regards

Markus

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

HI can you share you application

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

a example is attached above. I can't share the original.

Not applicable
Author

HI,

In your application , yo have used expression as

SUM ({$< YEAR = {"2011"} >} commissions)

Its hard coded to Year 2011. So it will show data only according to year - 2011.

Chage It to

if( Year = $(=Max(Year)) , Commissions)

I hope this will work.

Not applicable
Author

On Chart Properties > Presentation ... uncheck ... Suppress Zero-Values

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

sorry but that didn't work.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

i tried that already but then the x-axis has all vlaues declared in the calender but displays only bars in 2011.

My intention is to have a chart displaying a full year on the x-axis (Jan-Dec 2011) having only bars for January and February (values are only available for these 2 month)

Not applicable
Author

In your apllication data is only availabe for 2 months which is displaying on front end.

when it will have data for all the months , it will display Jan-Dec.

Here in aplication you can select on differnet years to do analysis

Not applicable
Author

Ashwin,

thanks for the example. But it is not exactly what i am trying to do. What i mentioned before is to have the full year being displayed on the x-axis (Jan-Dec) in the bar chart. In the chart there should be only bars for January and February and March to December i presume would have Null values and the month < 2011 should be also suppressed.

tanelry
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

In the script add pure month dimension to your calendar table,
I mean using month(...) as month.

Then use this month as your chart dimension and check "suppress zero values".