Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Funnel Charts- Displaying Multiple Values on chart

Hi

I'm having an issue with funnel charts displaying multiple values within the segments of a chart (see screenshot). It appears that the display value in chart is cascading down. For the people using the report this is quite confusing.

These charts are designed to show the drop off in customers over a campaign, I appreciate that these funnels may not be the best way to display this information however the client has requested this format to match their corporate guidelines.

These charts are generated by not using a dimension but by using multiple expressions and using set analysis to calculate each segment.

These funnels worked fine until I installed Qlikview 11 SR1. As there are no dimensions the new dimension limit function is not available and you add a dimension only the first expression is displayed which doesn't allow me to achieve the effect I'm looking for.

I have tried to create inline tables with the expressions to be able to create the chart using a dimension with no success

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shaun

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Yes, this is a known issue in version 11 logged by Support as a bug ID #48388 that hopefully will be fixed in the next release of QlikView coming up later on this month. The same happens with Pie Charts in version 11.

Anyway, you can contact support with your license number and check whether there is or not a patch that fixes this issue.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

10 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

It's an issue.

As a workaround you can use separate text lables (presentation tab) instead of 'values on data points'.

But if your funnel is dynamic I think the only way is to display text somwhere else (legend or another object colorized the same way).

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Yes, this is a known issue in version 11 logged by Support as a bug ID #48388 that hopefully will be fixed in the next release of QlikView coming up later on this month. The same happens with Pie Charts in version 11.

Anyway, you can contact support with your license number and check whether there is or not a patch that fixes this issue.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Cheers for the quick response.

I will see what I can do with the fancy layering and text box alignment

Not applicable
Author

This bug is still in there in 11 SR2 and is quite annoying.

Not applicable
Author

I personally havn't tested using 11sr2,

Whitelines suggestion is a work around, if you use the "text in chart" (which is in the presentation tab) and use set analysis to recreate the counts. if you place these in the centre of the funnel the overall look and feel is the same,

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

Another workaround is to transform the chart so that there is one expression.

You could do it using ValueList() function in dimension and using pick() in expression.

Not applicable
Author

I like this workaround as it deals with the original apparence of the object. thanks

Not applicable
Author

Could you post an example of this?

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

Based on your email, I would have expected to see this fixed a couple months ago. Has it happened yet? I thought I was on the current version, but I wanted to make sure.

Cheers,

Nick