Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Gauge Chart - problem with comparing values

Hey everyone,

is it possible to display the difference between two value by using a gauge chart?

I have two fields "Alter Wert" and "Neuer Wert" which both represent a date:

If the date in "Alter Wert" is further in the past than the date in "Neuer Wert" I would like the gauge chart to have the red light at the top shown , if the date in "Alter Wert" is newer the green light at the bottom is supposed to show.

Thought I could maybe use variables, but can't figure it out by myself and could need some help.

Thanks in advance,

Daniela

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post a small qlikview document with some example data? That makes it easier to understand what you're trying to do and find a solution.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Sure.

By now I nearly solved the problem myself with applying the following expression:

=if( Num#( [Alter Wert BELEG] ) <= Num#( [Neuer Wert BELEG] ),2,if( Num#( [Neuer Wert BELEG] ) <= Num#( [Alter Wert BELEG] ),1,0))

What I still did not figure out is:

is it also possible to have the color changed when there is more than one value selected with different combinations of "Alter Wert" and  "Neuer Wert".

Example: Select "Geschäftsjahr=2016" - two values (BelegNr) possible, but none directly selected. Therefore, the gauge chart displays only gray. However, since one value is considered critical ("Alter Wert" smaller than "Neuer Wert") the red light would be required.

So, I need to include the condition to have the red light shown whenever there is one or more values critical, even in combination with non-critical values.

I hope this is somehow understandable.

Any ideas?