Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gauge in straight table disappears when batch print PDF job run by logged off user

Hello there!

I am generating PDF files in batch mode using macros, specifically printing a particular sheet with the command ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet.Print and PDF X-Change 3.0 as the driver. The batch job itself calls Qv.exe (10SR3), and uses the OnOpen trigger.

Now, the funny thing is that if I run this task when I am logged on, everything works fine. If I am logged off it still runs and the PDF gets created, but all the mini gauge butterfly charts in my straight tables disappear, with only the background showing.

good_bad.png

Has anyone here had the same problem? (You might say "use another printer driver", but which one? Not necessarily Bullzip, that one gives the error message "...PrinterName property must be set before .." )

Or, is this corrected in SR4 with one of these two fixes?

Developer - Gauge Chart expression not always calculated

Printing a Gauge Chart in a report doesn't work, only part of the object shows

My software is: QV 10SR3, running on Windows 2008 R2, with PDF-XChange 3.0.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you need to add a WaitForIdle and or Sleep statement to your script before calling print on line 18. I'm guessing that since your report is fairly complex the gauges simply don't have time to render before you print.

(This might not explain why ExportBitmapToFile does work, but at least it solves the problem... )

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, tabulate my trousers... the same behaviour occurs in our test environment which runs QV 11 --- so I guess it must be related to the printer, then(?)

Does anyone know of a good, free printer driver which requires no user interaction when printing?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

A little supplementary testing seems to indeed place the blame on the printer driver --- when calling ExportBitmapToFile as well as printing the sheet, the gauges show up in the generated image whether the user is logged in or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

A little update:

I have now tested this with Bullzip as well as several postcript printers, all of which give the same result --- the gauges fail to print as they should.

It turns out I was wrong, and seemingly the actual culprit is either QlikView, or some windows phenomenon which affects printing in general.

Argh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you need to add a WaitForIdle and or Sleep statement to your script before calling print on line 18. I'm guessing that since your report is fairly complex the gauges simply don't have time to render before you print.

(This might not explain why ExportBitmapToFile does work, but at least it solves the problem... )

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

lf_fk_bkk wrote:

Hi,

Thanks dude, that worked!