Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Gauge parameters inside a straight/pivot table

I´m trying to set different parameters to a gauge inside a straight/pivot table.

I would like, for example depending of a "country" (see picture) set different thresolds to indicate what is 'good' or 'bad'

I´ve tried to put something like into lower bound box

if(Country = 'Brazil',10,

if(Country = 'Argentia',5,3)

QlikView interface permits that expression, but does not work (I really don´t know if its a bug or not implemented this way)

Capturar.PNG.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee
Author

I´ve implemented an extension to solve my needs.

Capturar.PNG.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies
vikasmahajan

pfa

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee
Author

Vikas, this screen ir for Gauge Object, not a gauge expression inside a table

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Clever,

I tested something similar myself putting an expression into the lower and higher bound calculation of a gauge chart, however without success. It seems that it only accepts ONE numerical value and can not calculate it for each row, thus making individual gauges depending on the Country as you wish.

Furthermore, while searching the QV forums I found following thread, which quotes a response from the QV team concerning this:

We have been looking into the possibilities of having individual line gauges in a straight/pivot table, but unfortunately it seem there that there is no possibilities for that. What you would need is to have them as different object in your application or some other solution, but getting individual line gauges inside a table like in your example doesn't seem possible at this moment.

I hope I could help you with that.

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee
Author

Thank you Martin Mahler.

Unfortunately creating different objects is not a good option to me, because I would like to respond to selections in a intuitive way.

Thank you

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Clever,

For the Gauges embedded in Straight Tables, the size of the segments is calculated once per chart (just like Set Analysis conditions), and therefore there is no way to set different segment boundaries for different lines in the chart.

The only thing you can possibly do, as a work around, is to "normalize" the data to a single "target" and to present something like "Actual to target" calculation. This way, the targets may be different for different countries, but "Actual to Target" will always be normalized - you are either above target (green) or below it (red).

I know it's not perfect, but this is perhaps the best work around I could come up with...

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

www.masterssummit.com

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee
Author

Thanks Oleg

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee
Author

I´ve implemented an extension to solve my needs.

Capturar.PNG.png