Did you mean: 
alexbjorlig
Creator
Creator

Get Max and Min values from 4 weeks period

Hi Qlik Community.

I have this following issue, i need to save max and min values in variables:

1. The User selects a week (week 17)
  2. The table sums sales for the last 4 weeks (week 13- week 17)
  3. How do I get the MAX and MIN values from this list(marked with red)?

I have attached screenshot and document to clarify.

(If you are interested the end goal is to use the information to axis dimensions in a chart).

Thanks many times in advance.

Question 4 max and min.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try this in a text box:

='max: ' & max({<Date={">=$(=DATE(Max(Date)-7*4))<=$(=DATE(Max(Date)))"},Week,Year>}

aggr(sum({<Date={">=$(=DATE(Max(Date)-7*4))<=$(=DATE(Max(Date)))"},Week,Year>}Sales),Year,Week))

& chr(10) &

'min: ' & min({<Date={">=$(=DATE(Max(Date)-7*4))<=$(=DATE(Max(Date)))"},Week,Year>}

aggr(sum({<Date={">=$(=DATE(Max(Date)-7*4))<=$(=DATE(Max(Date)))"},Week,Year>}Sales),Year,Week))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You probably use an aggregation with set analysis in your expression, then your required Expression (e.g. used in a text box) might look

=Min( SetExpressionUsedInYourExpression Aggr( YourExpression, Week, [Employee Team]))

=Max( SetExpressionUsedInYourExpression Aggr( YourExpression, Week, [Employee Team]))

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try this in a text box:

='max: ' & max({<Date={">=$(=DATE(Max(Date)-7*4))<=$(=DATE(Max(Date)))"},Week,Year>}

& chr(10) &

'min: ' & min({<Date={">=$(=DATE(Max(Date)-7*4))<=$(=DATE(Max(Date)))"},Week,Year>}

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
alexbjorlig
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Swuehl, Thanks for your quick reply. It almost works?

Capture.PNG

alexbjorlig
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Gysbert. Thanks for the fast reply. The min value works, but not the max?

Capture2.PNG

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you added the [Employee Team] to the aggr() dimensions?

alexbjorlig
Creator
Creator
Author

I implemented your answer one more time, and this time it worked - thanks!

alexbjorlig
Creator
Creator
Author

I came back to this question, and realized it only worked when I added the Employee Team, so the final answer look like this:

='min: ' & min({<Date={">=$(=DATE(Max(Date)-7*4))<=$(=DATE(Max(Date)))"},Week,Year,[Employee Team]>}

aggr(sum({<Date={">=$(=DATE(Max(Date)-7*4))<=$(=DATE(Max(Date)))"},Week,Year,[Employee Team]>}Sales),Year,Week,[Employee Team]))

='max: ' &

max({<Date={">=$(=DATE(Max(Date)-7*4))<=$(=DATE(Max(Date)))"},Week,Year,[Employee Team]>}

Aggr(sum({<Date={">=$(=DATE(Max(Date)-7*4))<=$(=DATE(Max(Date)))"},Week,Year, [Employee Team]>}Sales),Year,Week,[Employee Team]))